I know I’m late. It’s almost the end of January and I’m only just getting my New Year’s Resolutions sorted out… but better late than never, right?
To be honest, I got off to a slow start this year and it has taken me a while to gain the energy and motivation needed to think about my goals in a meaningful way and how to achieve them.
I decided to share my goals for 2021 for a few reasons:
- Perhaps there are goals here that you had not thought of that you want to do as well.
- For accountability. It will be a great exercise to look back at this blog post and create a “What I accomplished in 2021” blog post referencing this post.
When creating your goals and New Year’s Resolutions, I recommend checking out the SMART method, which is a great way of structuring your goals in order to achieve success. If you haven’t heard of it, SMART stands for:
S – specific
M – measurable
A – attainable
R – realistic or relevant
T – timely
I still have some work to do below to apply the SMART method to my goals but I’m happy with what I’ve put together so far and wanted to share them with you all.
I’ve separated my goals into a few categories: Health, Finances, Social, Self Development, Home, Aesthetics, Travel & Career. I find that by creating categories like these, it makes goal setting more manageable and specific as you only think about one topic at a time.
Take a look below and see some of the specific goals I’m trying to achieve this year. Do you see any here that are the same as yours? Any tips and suggestions for me? What are YOUR goals for 2021?
Comment below and let me know.
Here are my New Year’s Resolutions/Goals for 2021:
- Exercise 4x a week
- Wake up at 5:30am [weekdays]
- Do yoga 1x a week [included as one of the 4 workouts]
- Practice my morning routine
- Read [20 mins]
- Journal [10 mins]
- Meditate [10 mins]
- Stretch [10 mins]
- Practice my evening routine
- Skincare Routine
- Use my FitBit daily
- Get a massage 2x a month
- See my therapist 2x a month
- Eat a plant-based diet 2 days per week
- 128oz of water per day
- Take daily supplements
- 1hr in nature a week [pool, garden, beach]
- Annual doctor’s check ups [General physician and Gynecologist]
Not including here for privacy reasons but let’s just say I’m trying to make BANK… and save some money.
- Have 1 monthly potluck/lime [friends, family]
- Do 1 weekly Zoom call with a friend/family abroad
- Celebrate my birthday this year with friends/family present since I wasn’t able to do so in 2020 (my birthday is April 14th and we were in lockdown then)
- Meet and interact with more people who are also interested in the content creation/blogger/influencer life
- Take a conversational Spanish course
- Join a dance class [options: Heels, Pole, Hip-Hop]
- Do 2x courses a quarter [every 3 months].
- Learn to play the Guitar
- Record a cover
- Read 2 books a month [1 Spiritual, 1 Business/Self development]
- Listen to podcasts while driving
- Create a studio space in my house that is separate from my office
- Offer the garden and space at my house as a venue for small events/gatherings
- Repair the critical things in house
- Weekly salon visits
- Laser Hair Removal
- Build out new closet and consistently update
- Establish an updated skincare regimen
- Teeth whitening
- Get lip fillers
Take 4 trips [if possible]:
- Dubai [visit family]
- USA [visit family]
- Regional staycation in the Caribbean
- Staycation here in T&T
I do not want to include too many details here for privacy reasons but I will say I’m working on showing up more consistently and creating awesome content, products, and services for you.
Woo! You made it the end. It’s quite a list isn’t it?!
Let’s see how 2021 goes and how many of these goals I cross off the list.
Thank you for reading and please leave a comment letting me know if we share any of the same goals or what one of your resolutions is for 2021.